Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Michelle Williams: "My Week with Marilyn" Paris Premiere!

Rocking bright red lips and a long pink gown, Michelle Williams looked lovely at the Paris premiere of "My Week with Marilyn" on Wednesday night (February 15).

The former "Dawson's Creek" actress portrays Marilyn Monroe in the flick which helped her nab a Golden Globe Award.

Michelle was crowned Best Actress in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy at the Globes for her critically-acclaimed portrayal of the legendary 50s icon.

The role also helped her garner her third Academy Award nomination and second nomination for Best Actress.

Williams preciously told that getting into Marilyn's character was a lot of work. "It all started with watching movies, listening to interviews and pouring over books. It?s almost like a multiple role, because you?re playing someone who?s playing a role herself, and then who?s playing a role in a movie. And the nude thing, too. It was very self-conscious. So, it all started at home, watching movies and trying to mimic a walk, or figuring out how exactly is it that she?s holding her mouth. And these flashes of skin become so much more erotic."

When asked if she was ever tempted to fall in love with the leading men, she replied, "They're a lot of goodbyes in this business. Goodbye to the people you met in the places you?ll never return to. Goodbye to the character you played. And goodbye to the actor you pretended to be in love with!"

The actress also admitted that singing in the film was a challenge. "I?m not a singer; I have not sung since I was ten years old, but I had a wonderful man, David Crane, who worked with me every day for a couple of weeks ? taught me about breathing and about how to deliver emotion on lines, instead of just the words. So I had him. And then in my ears, I listened to ? I still do, it comes up on my iPod all the time ? all the Marilyn Monroe singing. I listened to her."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/michelle-williams/michelle-williams-my-week-marilyn-paris-premiere-585797

Cat Power Catherine Bell Chandra West Charisma Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment